Please select a second date to complete the range.
The imposing Colosseum comes to life with the valour and glory of the gladiators who fought bloody battles there. The Arch of Constantine stands witness to the triumphant victory of Constantine over Maxentius. The ruins at the Roman Forum speak volumes about the Roman way of life. Visit the beautifully sculpted Trevi Fountain and the Fountain of the Four Rivers, which are radiant at night.
The evening lights add to the mystifying charm of historical Rome and transport you back in time to experience the glorious era. For a feel of modern, bustling city life, head to the Navona and Popolo Squares which thrive with energy at night
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & SundayDuration
2 hoursStart time
From Cental Rome hotels (within the Aurelian Walls) between 7:00pm and 7:40pm.
(Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 24 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
If you are not staying in central Rome the tour also starts from Via G. Amendola 32 at 8:00pm.
You will be dropped in the vicinity of your hotel or Via G. Amendola 32.
You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel between 7:00pm and 7:40pm. Travel by coach to see the popular attractions of Rome by night.
Drive past some of Rome’s most famous attractions which are wonderfully illuminated after dark. Some of the building and monuments you will see are:
• The Fountain of the Naiads. An intricately carved fountain with has four beautiful reclining nymphs at the centre.
• The Roman Forum: This area, now in ruins, was the central area around which ancient Rome developed. The ruins feature a statue of Caesar along with other monuments and buildings.
• The Colosseum: This is one of the best recognised landmarks of Rome. The Colosseum, now in ruins, is an ancient Roman amphitheatre that was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles.
• The Castel Sant’ Angelo: Originally the mausoleum of Emperor Hadrian, it was converted into a fortress for the Popes in the 6th century AD. It was named by Pope Gregory the Great after he saw a vision of an angel above the structure which was taken to herald the end of the plague in Rome.
• Trevi Fountain: You will stop at this beautiful fountain built in the Baroque style with sculpted figures. You will stop here and can join in the tradition of throwing in a coin for good luck.
• Piazza del Popolo: The Piazza lies inside the northern gate in the Aurelian Walls, and was for centuries, a place for public executions. In neoclassical style, the piazza has an Egyptian obelisk of Rameses II in its centre. The piazza is also notable for its magnificent fountains.
• Piazza Navona: Stop in the heart of the lively square to see Bernini’s beautiful fountain of the Four Rivers.
After the tour, at around 9:30pm, you will be dropped in the vicinity of your hotel or Via G. Amendola 32.
Please call the local activity operator at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour to confirm the departure details.
Hotel pick up available from hotels within the Aurelian Walls.
From June 1st to September 30 tour will be operated by open bus.
After all the walking tours during the day, this was convenient and relaxing tour. Had sufficient time at the Trevi fountain and couple of other places....Sabitha Sampath, United States, 21/Jul/2013
Loved this tour! Really enjoyed being picked up and dropped of at my hotel!...Elia Zendejas, United States, 30/Mar/2012
A fast paced tour, where you move from place to place really quickly. However, you cover a lot of ground. Perhaps just one comment that it was not enough time, especially for the...Zina Romanov, United Kingdom, 12/Sep/2011